Thursday, March 20, 2014

Access

Access is a database system that gives the user more control over sets of data than Excel can provide. It is capable is of establishing relationships between information stored in different tables within the same database. It is important to plan what fields will be used in the tables within the database. Each record must share consistent field-types in order for the database to recognize the relationships.

Access could easily be used in my personal life. One great way to use it would be to establish an address book. I could then create tables that include my relationship information relating to that person so I have a quick way to find professional references when needed.

Access is easily used in the work environment. One way I could use it would be to keep an inventory of supplies. It could include information about the supplies themselves, and also information about which department/staff use each type of supplies. You could also keep client information or employee information within an Access database.

Before the next class, I will complete a tweet about Access. I will also begin the Access project and update my OneNote Notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment